Top 3 Time Tracking Apps for Remote Workers
Many people around the world have welcomed the trend of Remote Work. It is exciting, it is diverse and it is a great experience. Thanks to the innovative tools that were born out of the recent technological advancements that this new trend persisted.
Tools like Online Project Management Software and Time Tracking Apps have helped people connect, collaborate and work together no matter how far they are located physically.
A quick Google search reveals a plethora of Time Tracking tools. We have used the following 3 applications extensively and analysed them to find out their strengths and weaknesses.
The List | Top 3
The following applications are extensively used by Freelancers and Remote Workers all around the world. They all have many great features and solve many problems for the distributed teams. Here, we have covered these applications and mentioned the Pros and Cons for the users to decide which application sounds best for them.
Hubstaff is one of the most widely used Time Trackers in the market. And it truly deserves the top spot.
- The interface of Hubstaff is very appealing. It is simple to use and the UX is pretty self-explanatory.
- The application captures the screenshots of the employees randomly. These screenshots are very important for Remote Employees.
- You can view the Time with respect to projects, team members, and tasks. You can see the breakdown very clearly. This feature gives a lot of clarity to employers with extremely detailed reports. They can view the number of hours spent on each task.
- Hubstaff offers a flexible payment system. It lets the employer choose individual payment plans for all the team members. The employers can choose from a vast array of payment gateways.
- It is a mix of Time Tracking, Time Management, and Invoicing Software.
- The customer service of Hubstaff is not its finest quality. The CSRs take a lot of time to reply and more often than not the replies are useless.
- The activity level statistics can be misleading. For optimum activity level, the user needs to log keystrokes all the time. We know that in the real world, it is a very bad indication for calculating productivity.
FreshBooks-All-In-One Small Business Invoicing and Accounting Solution
Freshbooks is a cool tool for remote employers. Its features range from Time Tracking to Online Invoicing.
- It is a simple employee monitoring app that requires the users to log hours manually or with the help of a timer.
- It presents a simple and yet elaborate invoicing system. The users can bill directly after tracking the time. Since this software provides integrated time tracking and invoicing, the clients do not need to use multiple applications for tracking their time and Invoicing.
- Freshbooks has a major focus on Invoicing. Hence, it provides a lot of payment options for users. This feature comes in handy especially when your remote team belongs to different regions of the world and have different banking preferences.
- The application requires manual clearance of all the invoices paid through various payment gateways.
- Freshbooks gives a lot of leverage to the Employers and not so much to the employees. It gives employers the option of declaring an invoice ‘disputed’. In some cases, this resulted in payment fraud.
StaffTimerApp – The time tracking solution for you
StaffTimerApp is the perfect time tracker app for remote teams. It has a lot of features that have been designed keeping in mind the growing trend of remote work.
- The application is completely automated and it uses Screenshots to calculate the time spent by the user on all the activities done during the work hours. The employer gets an estimate for the time spent on work-related and non-work related activities.
- The application is very simple to use. It is a minimum viable product so there are no unnecessary frills. Just the features that are absolutely important!
- The remote monitoring features like Instant Screen Capture and Real-Time Screen monitoring are vital for a remote manager.
- The low price is a very strong point for StaffTimerApp. At $2.99/user, it provides a lot of useful features and services.
- The application is in the development phase and the design needs some improvements.
- The Snapshot that is acquired through instant screen capture is not saved and accessible for later use.
All these applications have some amazing features and all of them have some loopholes as well. It is really important to pick the right time Tracking Software that is fit for your needs. The right choice can greatly enhance the productivity of your teams and generate better profits!
Do you have any tools in your mind that we can add to our list? Don’t forget to share it!
Like what you read? We have more, for you: Increase Your Productivity at work | 5 effective ways to make big changes